Aloo Mangodi is simple and tasty vegetable rajasthani dish. It is easy to cook and serve. Try this recipe at your kitchen.
- 1 cup mangodi
- 2 medium sized aloo – cut into cubes.
- 5 cup onion
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 5 cup tomatoes
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp jeera
- ¾ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp dry mango powder
- 1 tbsp dry fenugreek leaves
- 2 tbsp oil
- Dry roast mangodis in a pan till they are golden brown and lightly crispy, this will greatly reduce the cooking time of mangodi.
- In the pressure cook, take oil, add rai, jeera and let them splutter.
- Add onions, ginger and garlic let them fry till onions become translucent.
- Add salt, all dry masalas along with kasoori methi and let the mix fry for about a min.
- Add chopped tomatoes and let it cook for another 2 min
- Add potatoes and let it fry for 2 min.
- Add roasted mangodi, mix well, add enough water for the curry to cook (I usually add such that my curry is almost inside water).
- Let it pressure cook for about 15 min. (or till it is well cooked). It doesn’t have to be mushy, but not very hard either.
- Add some water for little gravy.
serve hot with roti or paratha.
Preparation time: 15 minutes(approx)
Servings: for 3 person