Besan ke gatte ki sabji is a very famous dish from the land of rajasthan. Besan gatta curry is gramflour dumplings in curd cury. Try this authentic dish of rajasthan at you kitchen.
- 1 ½ cup besan
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- Pinch of hing
- ¼ cup curd
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ fennel seeds
- Salt to taste
- ½ red chilli powder
- 3 cloves
- 3 kali mirch
For the gravy:
- 1 cup sour curd
- 2 medium size onion
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 2 green chilis
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp red chilly powder
- Salt to tast
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp ghee or oil
To Make Gatta :
- In a bowl mix together besan, jeera, fennel seeds, salt, chilly powder, hing, coarsely crushed cloves and black peppercorns, baking soda and oil. Then add the curd and mix well.
- knead a stiff dough just like for rotis. Gently add water so that the dough should not get extra soft.
- Now divide the dough into 5 – 6 parts. Roll each part into cylindrical tubes .
- Boil 4 cups of water and place these rolls in it. Let it cook for 15 mins or till the rolls get cooked from inside.
- Then turn off the flame and take out the rolls from the water and keep the water aside for the curry.
- Cut the rolls into small pieces.
For the gravy :
- Make a fine paste of ginger, green chillies, onion and garlic. Whisk the curd smooth with a beater.
- In a kadai heat the pan and put jeera. When it begins to crackle add the onion paste prepared before.
- Fry the onion paste till light brown in color. Then add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and garam masala. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the whisked curd. Stir well and continue cooking till oil separates. Stir once in a while so that the mixture does not get burnt.
- Now add the gatta water separated earlier. Bring it to a boil and then add the cut gatte pieces. Let the curry simmer for 5 – 10 more minutes on low flame. Then add the fenugreek leaves.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with roti.
Preparation time: 60 minutes(approx)
Servings : 3 persons