Chakli is also known as chakralu are deep fried snacks made with rice flour, chickpea flour and other basic ingredients. Try this simple recipe at your kitchen for diwali celebration.
- 1 cup rice flour
- ¼ cup besan
- ¼ cup fried gram
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp hot butter or oil
- 1 tbsp ajwain
- Red chilli powder(as per taste)
- Powder the fried gram in a mixer jar.
- Add flour, red chilli powder, salt, hing, sesame seeds, and carom seeds to the mixer bowl. Mix up all these ingredients very well.
- Add hot butter or oil and mix very well.
- Add water just a needed.
- Make a tight dough, it should be non sticky and non dry.
- Grease the chakli maker.
- Devide the mixer into 2 or 3 parts and fill the maker with dough.
- Press the chakli maker to release the dough and shape the dough to spirals.
- Heat oil and fry all charli golden brown.
- Cool chakli completely and store them in airtight container.
- Serve chakli with tea.
Servings: 15 pieces
Preparation Time : 30 minutes (approx)