Coconut Rice is one of the most basic tempered rice made with fresh grated coconut and curry leaves.
- 2 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1 tsp green chili (chopped)
- 1 broken red chili
- Ghee or coconut oil(as needed)
- ½ tsp mustard
- ½ tsp cumin
- Pinch of hing
- ½ tsp chana dal
- ½ tsp urad dal
- 5 to 6 curry leaves
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- Cashews or peanuts as needed
- Heat ghee or oil in a pan; add mustard seeds, cumin seeds dals and cashews.
- When dals turns golden brown, add ginger green chili and curry leaves and red chili. Sprinkle hing .
- Stir well .Add coconut and cook till become golden brown.
- Now add rice and salt. Turn off the heat and stir well.
- Serve coconut rice with curd or curry vegetable.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes (approx)
Servings: Two persons