Dahi vada is popular north Indian street food snack made of lentil dumpling in yogurt, spiced with chutneys and spice powders.
- 1 cup urad dal
- 1 green chili (chopped)
- ½ inch ginger(chopped)
- 1 pinch hing
- Water(as required)
- 2 cups of curd
- Chaat masala
- ¼ red chili powder
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- Black or regular salt
- Tarmarind chutney
- Green chutney
- Grind soaked lentils with less water , but not fine churn.
- Pour batter into one bowl.
- Add green chillies,ginger,salt cumin seeds and hind.
- Stir the batter briskly for a couple of minutes.
- Fry vada in hot oil,till golden brown.
- In another bowl take some water.
- And add the vadas into the water, soak them for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take each wada and flatten and press between your plams to remove excess water.
- Place this vada in a serving bowl.
- Pour whisk yogurt .
- Top with green and sweet chutney.
- Sprinkle with cumin powder,chaat masala ,red chili powder and black salt.
- Garnish dahi vada with fresh chopped coriener leaves.
Servings: 5 persons.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes.(not counted soaking time)