Fried Modak is a traditional Maharashtrian sweet dish offered to lord ganesha on the occasion of ganesh chaturthi festival.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp warm oil
- 1 cup powered jaggery
- 5 cup fresh grated coconut
- 2 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- 1 pinch nutmeg powder
- ½ cup of water
- Take on bowl and sieve flour, add oil and salt and knead the dough.
- Knead smooth dough and keep it aside for 20 to 30 minutes.
- In a pan mix all ingredients.( you can add all dry fruits also)
- Cook and stir on a low or medium flame till the mixture is dry and cooked.
- Get it cool to the room temperature.
- Take a small ball from the dough and make small puri.
- Place spoonfuls filling in the between and give modak shape.
- Fry all the modak on medium heat oil and make it golden brown.
- When get cool offer The Lord Ganesha.
Servings : 10 peices
Preparation time : 35 minutes