Gujiya is crisp flaky pastry stuffed with a sweet khoya filling. It is diwali main sweet. Try this delicious dish at your kitchen.
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup maida
- Salt as per taste
- Water as required
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 cup khoya
- Half cup chopped dry fruits
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- Take two flour in a big bowl.
- Heat the ghee on the bowl, pour ghee in flour.
- Rub the ghee with the flours,with your finger tips to form a bread crumb like texture.
- Then add water and knea the dough.
- Knea the dough till firm.
- Cover the dough with a moist cloth and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Crumnle and grate the khoya.
- Melt ghee in a pan and add khoya in it and stir well.
- Cook the khoya , till it begins to gather around itself.
- Switch of the flame and let khoya be cool completely.
- Then add powder sugar,chopped dry fruits and cardamom powder and mix all with khoya properly.
- Make mall puri place stuffing in middle of puri.
- Care fully bring the edges to gather and bind it properly.
- With a small gujiya cutter , trim the extra edges . take care properly that gujiya is pressed and sealed properly.
- You can also make pleated design at the edges.
- Fry gujjia in oil not to golden brown.
- Serve them to your family and guest when required.
Servings : 12 gujjia
Preparation Time : 35 minutes (approx)