Lachha Rabdi a traditional Indian sweet of thickened sweetened milk with layers of cream. It Is maily serve with main course. You can also serve as desert. Try this flavor full sweet dish at your kitchen.
- 1 ltr full fat milk
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 10 saffron strands
- 1 tsp rose water
- ½ cup chopped almonds and pistachios
- Take milk in big pan and begun to heat in law flame, till the milk starts to froth or form a layer of malai on top.
- When layer of malai floating on the top,gently move the cream layer.
- Keep on simmering the milk like this and collecting the cream layer on sides.
- Once the milk reduce to half, add sugar as per your taste.
- Then add a 12 to 15 strands of crushed saffron and ½ tsp cardamom powder.
- Continue collecting malai and bringing to the sides of pan.
- Scrape off the entire cream layer as well as dried milk solids and add to in the thickened milk.
- Now add the chopped dry fruits and serve hot or chilled.
Servings: 3 persons
Preparation Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes.