Steam Modak is very special and auspicious during Ganesh Chaturthi Festival. It is mainly made with rice flour and coconut feeling.
- 1 cup fresh desiccated coconut
- ½ cup jagger
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp popy seeds
- 2 tsp cashews chopped
- 2 tsp almon chopped
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp ghee
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup rice flour
- In one pan and take half cup of jiggery.
- Add fresh desiccated coconut.
- Sauté on medium pan till the jaggery melts, continue till jaggery dried little.
- Add roasted sesame seeds and poppy seeds.
- Also add chopped dry fruits and cardamom powder.
- Mix well and allow to cool at room temperature.
- Take big kaddai add 1 cup of water.
- To that add ghee and salt to taste.
- Get the water to boil, when its started to boil switch of the flame and add rice four.
- Mix well. Now cover it and keep aside for 3 minutes.
- Knead the dough till it become smooth.
- Now make small lemon size ball and flatten it.
- Fill stuffing into it and give shape like modak.
- Now steam modak in steamer for 10 minutes till shiny texture appear.
- Off the modak to Lord Ganesha after u can have it.
Servings : 11 pieces
Preparation Time : 30 minutes.